[redland-dev] Linux-RH8 Raptor

Patel, Chintan Odhavji (UMKC-Student) copdk4 at umkc.edu
Mon Aug 4 00:07:00 BST 2003

Hi,

I guess my query is not direct related to Raptor, but i would appreciate any kind of help.

I m trying to install Raptor on RH8 and it gives me following error

error: Failed dependencies:
        libcrypto.so.4 is needed by raptor-0.9.10-1
        libssl.so.4 is needed by raptor-0.9.10-1

I found that these additional libraries are available in openssl-0.9.7a-5.i386.rpm package, but again this would not install since the earlier libcrypto.so.2 has dependcies with other packages.

I tried to make openssl directly from source but again it doesnt create libcrypto.so.4

Is there anyway out ? (i m basically a novice on Linux platform)

Thank You

Best Regards,
Chintan