[redland-dev] Linux-RH8 Raptor

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Aug 4 11:35:24 BST 2003

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 23:07:00 -0500
"Patel, Chintan Odhavji (UMKC-Student)" <copdk4 at umkc.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I guess my query is not direct related to Raptor, but i would appreciate any kind of help.
>
> I m trying to install Raptor on RH8 and it gives me following error
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libcrypto.so.4 is needed by raptor-0.9.10-1
>         libssl.so.4 is needed by raptor-0.9.10-1
>
> I found that these additional libraries are available in openssl-0.9.7a-5.i386.rpm package, but again this would not install since the earlier libcrypto.so.2 has dependcies with other packages.
>
> I tried to make openssl directly from source but again it doesnt create libcrypto.so.4
>
> Is there anyway out ? (i m basically a novice on Linux platform)

That is likely because I am using redhat9 to build these packages.  I've
got access to a redhat8 system and have just built versions of
raptor-0.9.12-1 for you.  You can get them at:

  http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/dist/binaries/redhat/redhat8/

(Of course I recommend going to redhat9, it's lovely)