[redland-dev] Re: contexts

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 15:05:45 GMT 2003

>>>James Michael DuPont said:

> > I've been trying for a simple summary; I'll try again.
> >
> > Redland with contexts (index-contexts='yes' option to store) enabled
> > allows you to add the following to a graph (redland model):
> >
> >   [Triple, Context Node]
>
> This reminds me seths quads :
> http://robustai.net/sailor/grammar/Quads.html

Well if you look, that's a description of a file format, not a model.
And the quads have *6* fields.

> and I have to say, THANKS, this will be great for the handling of
> parser output.
>
> > A Context Node is just a regular redland Node.
> Can i make relationships between two contexts? Say, this context
> contains this context? I guess so :

They are just regular redland Nodes (URIs or bnodes ...) and you can
do what you like with them.  I was only calling it Context Node to
distinguish it from any particular node.

> > Sometime I'll fight the debian packaging but RPMs are so much easier.
>
> Let me retry my packaging.

The sensible order would be:
  raptor - already nearly ready, in the CVS & packages for
    libraptor0, libraptor0-dev (depending on libxml2, libxml2-dev)

  redland - some work done here
    librdf0, librdf0-dev (depending on above)

and eventually
    redland-perl
    redland-python

Not sure about the best naming convention here.  Could be
librdf0-perl etc.