[redland-dev] Newbie questions

Paul Keogh paul.keogh at anam.com
Wed May 7 19:52:10 BST 2003

Hi,

I've some fairly basic questions to help me get started with redland.

I need something to parse UAProf documents, snippet below;

</prf:component>
- <prf:component>
- <rdf:Description ID="MmsCharacteristics">
  <rdf:type
resource="http://www.wapforum.org/profiles/MMS/ccppschema-20010111#MmsCharac
teristics" />
  <prf:MmsMaxMessageSize>51200</prf:MmsMaxMessageSize>
  <prf:MmsMaxImageResolution>160x120</prf:MmsMaxImageResolution>
- <prf:MmsCcppAccept>

* Is redland the right approach or is it overkill. For example, I need to
get
the prf:MmsMaxImageResolution element in the above snippet - should I just
use XPath ? Or am I missing the RDF plot altogether ?

* If I should use redland, do I need to use raptor ?

* What example is closest to my requirement ?

Thanks,

Paul Keogh
ANAM Wireless Internet Solutions
http://www.anam.com
+353 1 284 7555 (wired)               +353 86 234 6047 (wireless)
Castle Yard, Saint Patrick's Road, Dalkey, County Dublin, Ireland