[redland-dev] OWL Tools

mdupont mdupont777 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 21:04:06 BST 2004

MagdiRH at aol.com wrote:

>HI All,
>
>   I am new to OWL and would like assistant from the development community.

I charge 2,50 euros per minute for support  ;)

>   I am currently developing code under LINUX and using C++.
>
>   I would like to use an OWL tool which can generate, and validate OWL and
>   also generate OWL executable in C/C++. Can someone let me know what
>   is out there that can do the job.

If you mean produce and executable with c++ that links in redland, yes.

>   Can I use Redland?

yes, it works great.

>   Can Redland be used as a parser and validates for OWL?

Pass

>   Can Redland be used with LINUX and C/C++?

redland is c and can be used on most any system in the world, even on
smartbombs.

>   Can Redland generates OWL executable?

What is an OWL exec?
If you mean produce and executable with c++ that links in redland, yes.
If you mean can it interpret owl like cwm or euler? maybe someone has
programmed that, but I think redland is for  using the swig interface to
talk to c programs and perl program etc.

else, pass.

>   Can Redland deal with OWL if it is used as an Expert System like CLIPS?

you could try the lisp/scheme bindings from swig, surely something could
be made to work

mike