[redland-dev] OWL Tools

Curtis Hovey sinzui at cox.net
Sun Apr 11 00:31:32 BST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 11:49, MagdiRH at aol.com wrote:
> HI All,
>
>    I am new to OWL and would like assistant from the development
> community.
>    I am currently developing code under LINUX and using C++.
>
>    I would like to use an OWL tool which can generate, and validate
> OWL and
>    also generate OWL executable in C/C++. Can someone let me know what
>    is out there that can do the job.
>
>    Can I use Redland?

Probably not not for your use, unless you are willing to add the OWL
functionality to librdf.

>    Can Redland be used as a parser and validates for OWL?

Not at this time.

>    Can Redland be used with LINUX and C/C++?

The C API is Redland's native API and you works on Linux.  There is no
C++ binding, but you can use the native C.

>    Can Redland generates OWL executable?

I don't under this question.  You may link to librdf so you have the
full RDF processing engine in your executable, or you dynamically link
to the .so.  OWL being a markup language cannot be executed, and it has
nothing remotely like an instruction to execute.

>    Can Redland deal with OWL if it is used as an Expert System like
> CLIPS?

I think redland would work very well in an expert system.  But without
OWL, there is no native mechanism to validate and enforce the meaning of
the data.

sinzui at cox.net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.