[redland-dev] wrapper for ruby

dominic sisneros dom at sisna.com
Tue Apr 27 10:03:42 BST 2004

Ruby Gems is a new packaging format that is not standard for ruby yet
but probably will
be one of these days.  It is available at
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/.  I released another version
that has both a .gz file and a zip file to make it easier.

Also, I changed the Redland.i file again and am going to need this
changed.  For all of the
functions that return char* or NULL like

  /* char* or NULL, need special conversions */
  %typemap(ruby,out) char *{
  $result = ($1 == NULL) ? Qnil : rb_str_new2($1);
   }

As for interacting, I would probably like to have it be seamless either
way.  I know that
your site gets a lot of hits so I would like to have the documentation
generated from rdoc. mixed with
your site.  I don't know if it would be better for it to just link to
the rubyforge site or have the main site
under your cvs repository.  Let me know your thoughts on this.

thanks again

Dominic