[redland-dev] Preliminary Cocoa/Objective-C bindings for Redland

René Puls kianga at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 02:53:50 BST 2004

Hi,

sorry for taking so long to reply to the Rasqal datetime thread... As
a little compensation, here are some preliminary Objective-C bindings
for Redland, LGPL-licensed for now:

http://home.kcore.de/~kianga/stuff/Redland-ObjC.zip

Be careful though: this is incomplete, alpha quality software, written
primarily for use in my own project. I currently don't have much spare
time to improve the code for general use, but I thought it would be
better to release it now so people who want to use Redland from Cocoa
don't have to start from scratch.

The ZIP file contains an Xcode project, which requires an already
installed Redland CVS version in /usr/local. I've never tested this on
a computer other than my own, so you may have to tweak the build
settings to compile it successfully on your machine. (Also, I haven't
tracked the recent API changes, there may be problems with the error
handling code in the RedlandWorld object when used together with newer
CVS versions.)

Please don't consider this an official Redland language binding
yet--it's more like a "technology preview". Comments are of course
welcome. ;-)

René