[redland-dev] raptor: add --with_expatsrc=PATH option for configure

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 11:58:45 BST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:28:12 -0400, Mark Smith <mcs at umich.edu> wrote:

> I am using Raptor 1.3.1 with expat and building on Linux.  For various
> reasons, I want the Raptor build to use a copy of expat that I built
> from source.  But I ran into three minor problems:

<snip/>

> A patch for configure is attached.  I am not an autoconf expert, but I
> think the correct thing to patch is actually configure.ac.
> Unfortunately, I found that I do not have new enough tools installed to
> run the autogen.sh script.  But if someone (Dave?) needs a patch for
> configure.ac I can work on that next week.

I've taken what you did, tidied it up and added it as a
--with-expat-source option.

$ ./configure --with-expat-source=/home/src/expat-1.95.7 --with-xml-parser=expat

Raptor build summary:
  XML parser : expat(source in /home/src/expat-1.95.7)
  WWW library: libcurl 7.11.1

Then 'make' and 'make check' work fine.

You can get this fix from CVS right now[1] or wait overnight for a
source tarball and RPMs etc to be made at [2].

Dave

[1] http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/raptor/INSTALL.html
[2] http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/dist/snapshots/