[redland-dev] Python: Crash (double-free?) in Model.find_statements()

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jun 29 14:23:21 BST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:56:00 +0200, René Puls <kianga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now it's my turn to say oops...
>
> I must have left out the context option by accident--my original
> Python program which first triggered the crash was much larger, so I
> tried to reduce this to a minimal test case. I wrote a new test
> program now that should use the correct options, but unfortunately it
> still crashes:

<snip/>

OK, I see that and in fact it was caused by two bugs, one in C and
one in python caused by the combination of the RDF.NS in python and
the statment you happened to be querying with (not your fault).

I've fixed both of those and removed the double-free.  I tested
your program against last night's snapshot sources and it does not
crash.  However, your crashes may vary :) so give it a go!

http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/dist/snapshots/source/redland-0.9.17.tar.gz
md5sum 4b4e0cc0dab43533359fd07d8768b95c

I couldn't test on SourceForge's OpenBSD server since it was too bare
- no python and I wasn't going to build it and their OSX server is
similarly missing some python parts.