[redland-dev] Python: Crash (double-free?) in Model.find_statements()

René Puls kianga at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 09:42:29 BST 2004

Dave,

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:23:21 +0100, Dave Beckett
<dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> > I must have left out the context option by accident--my original
> > Python program which first triggered the crash was much larger, so I
> > tried to reduce this to a minimal test case. I wrote a new test
> > program now that should use the correct options, but unfortunately it
> > still crashes:
>
> <snip/>
>
> OK, I see that and in fact it was caused by two bugs, one in C and
> one in python caused by the combination of the RDF.NS in python and
> the statment you happened to be querying with (not your fault).
>
> I've fixed both of those and removed the double-free.  I tested
> your program against last night's snapshot sources and it does not
> crash.  However, your crashes may vary :) so give it a go!

Yes, that seems to have fixed it. At least the test program no longer
crashes on either OS X or OpenBSD. I will post here if there are any
problems will my original python program later, but I guess that it'll
work now.

Thank you for fixing this so quickly, I appreciate it!

Kind regards,
René Puls