[redland-dev] Bindings problem with custom python interp on OSX

Sébastien Pierre sebastien-lists at type-z.org
Thu Sep 9 23:56:16 BST 2004

Hi all,

I had a problem with redland-bindings not linking the proper version of
Python on OSX: it linked the system version of python, instead of the
specific one provided by Fink (I am packaging Redland for Fink).

The problem lies in the python/Makefile.in file, at line 561:

560:    @if test `uname` = Darwin; then \
561:      args="  -Wl,-F. -Wl,-F. -bundle -framework Python"; \

For the binding to work properly in Fink, this line should be replaced
by

561:      args="  -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress"; \

The first version of the line works fine with OSX's python, but when
the python interpreter is a plain Unix one (ie. the one which comes
with Fink), the latter line is necessary.

The easiest solution for me is to create a patch and replace this line
in the Fink package, but you might also want to take care of this
particular case, as some other python module do.

Cheers,

  -- Sébastien

--
«And just as declarative _thinking_ and imperative _doing_ are
complementary aspects of our daily life, so are declarative and