[redland-dev] HTTP storage type?

Frank Smith phronk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 23:53:37 BST 2005

Just thinking out loud... would it make sense to implement an
'http' storage type for Redland, alongside mysql, sqlite, ... ?

I'm working on an HTTP-based interface to Redland-based RDF
stores, using Redland/python/mod_python/Apache.

I was just now starting to write some test code, and it occurred
to me that a natural way to interface with my HTTP store from my
Python test code would be to use the Python Redland binding.
My initial thought was to modify RDF.py to support the HTTP
storage directly, then my second thought was it would be better
if the HTTP support were directly in the core Redland, that way
the various language bindings would 'just work' for remote HTTP
stores.

Of course this presupposes a well-defined protocol for accessing
the RDF store over HTTP.

Any opinions?

-Frank.