[redland-dev] triples with context

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Fri Oct 14 04:01:57 BST 2005

Eyal Oren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using triples with context (each triple has a context denoting its
> provenance).  That works.  I need to persistently store/retrieve them.
> Serialising them to xml or ntriples means losing the context, so that is
> no option.

Yes.  redland (via raptor) provides no serialised forms that record
redland contexts in a syntax.

> Therefore I'm trying to use a hash_store (without serialising to
> ntriples or xml). First run: I create a model with a hash store and add
> some triples to it. Second run, I read from the earlier hash store, but
> if I associate a model with that hash_store it is empty.

That's strange.  As long as you open the second store with model options
contexts='yes', it should find the contexts.  You pretty much have to
have the identical storage options for re/opening a model.   However
what you say suggest you have option new='yes' which will zero any
existing model on opening.

> Is what I want possible: persistently storing triples without
> serialising them?  Or some other way of persistently storing triples
> with context?

It is possible.

If the storage options aren't the problem, maybe you can provide a
minimal test case that demonstrates it with a triple or two.