[redland-dev] csharp binding fails at runtime with example2

joseph gasp josephanon000 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 18:33:57 BST 2005

I need to use the csharp language binding and am
failing on the 'example2.exe' sample during runtime
with the following error message:

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException:
Unable to load DLL 'libc': The
 specified module could not be found. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Redland.Util.fopen(String path, String mode)
   at Example2.Main()

I rebuilt the csharp language binding with Microsoft's
beta 2 sdk compiler and the example2.cs with the same.

I downloaded the Redland prebuilt binaries and
inserted them on the path. What I find interesting is
that libc.lib is the windows single threaded C runtime
library. If I am not mistaken, libaries linked to
Assemblies have to be Multithreaded. Libc is the
single threaded C runtime.

I have an intuition that I may need to rebuild the
redlands binaries but I am not comfortable with the
build process on Win32 since it uses unfamiliar tools
ie non native microsoft.

Thank you,