[redland-dev] csharp binding fails at runtime with example2

John C Barstow jbowtie at amathaine.com
Wed Sep 28 20:24:03 BST 2005

joseph gasp wrote:

>I need to use the csharp language binding and am
>failing on the 'example2.exe' sample during runtime
>with the following error message:
>
>Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException:
>Unable to load DLL 'libc': The
> specified module could not be found. (Exception from
>HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
>   at Redland.Util.fopen(String path, String mode)
>   at Example2.Main()
>
>I rebuilt the csharp language binding with Microsoft's
>beta 2 sdk compiler and the example2.cs with the same.
>
>I downloaded the Redland prebuilt binaries and
>inserted them on the path. What I find interesting is
>that libc.lib is the windows single threaded C runtime
>library. If I am not mistaken, libaries linked to
>Assemblies have to be Multithreaded. Libc is the
>single threaded C runtime.
>
>I have an intuition that I may need to rebuild the
>redlands binaries but I am not comfortable with the
>build process on Win32 since it uses unfamiliar tools
>ie non native microsoft.
>
>Thank you,

The use of libc is not necessary; instead of opening a file with fopen,
pass the path directly to the underlying library. I'll post a revised
example that works with MS.NET later today.
The prebuilt Windows binaries are built using Microsoft Visual
Studio.NET 2003; however the solution files included in the source are
out of date. I'll be updating those as soon as Dave has a chance to
finish the SVN transition.