[redland-dev] First steps to compile RedLand in XP

Damaris Fuentes dfl_maradentro at yahoo.es
Sun Apr 16 13:10:14 BST 2006

Hi you all,

  I’m quite new to RedLand stuff. I wanna apply its Ruby binding in XP and I don’t really know how to start. I think I must download the Redland things and compile the whole packages in CygWin, am I right? Cause I have found dlls v.1.0.2 packages for w32 but I think Redland bindings for Ruby are already in v.1.0.3
 I would appreciate if somebody confirms these steps are correct.

  I would also like to know if I should have Ruby installed to compile the bindings (perhaps this is a silly question, but I’m also new to Ruby :S).
Thank you really much in advance.

"And I can’t talk in a crowd
When I’m alone I’m too loud.
Thank you for keeping me company