[redland-dev] PostgreSQL Version Compat

Kip Hampton khampton at totalcinema.com
Mon Jul 3 10:32:58 BST 2006

Dave Beckett wrote:
> Kip Hampton wrote:
>> I looked in configure.ac to see if it was something obvious, but I
>> honestly didn't get far.
>
> I can't really tell from that.  The test in configure for pg_config looks
> wrong, as it also tests for pkg-config being present, but it isn't needed here.

Right, the check for pkg-config was the showstopper, after removing that
and remaking the configure script with autoconf, it worked fine. Be
happy to include a patch if you want one.

> Uh oh, OSX.  I shall have to start charging for OSX questions.

Heh. Actually, apart from the above hiccup I've been using Redland on OS
X for local dev (we're deployed on nice Debian boxen for testing and
production) for more than a year with very little trouble. My secret: I
eschew fink and darwinports and build the stuff I really need to rely on
by hand.

Thanks again for your help here and on IRC.

Cheers,
-kip