[redland-dev] redland in fedora core 4

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Wed Mar 8 18:06:28 GMT 2006

adasal wrote:
> Anyone on the list with ideas on my last post. It has been a recurrent
> problem for me. I expect there is something fundamental I am doing
> wrong, and I would really appreciate help over this.

You installed the libraries into /usr/local/lib.

Are you sure that is in your default shared library search path?
Either see man ld.so or see /etc/ld.so.conf.  On linux, it's *not*
usually in the default and you either edit ld.so.conf or
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib.

this is mentioned in the redland INSTALL.html doc when discussing
sleepycat/BDB.

I'm not sure why you didn't just use the pre-built RPMs redland 1.0.2,
or use rpmbuild on the latest SRPMs (from FC5 test2) for redland 1.0.3.

(redland bindings 1.0.3.1 will be out soon).