[redland-dev] redLand with Apache and Windows

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Thu Aug 23 15:01:02 BST 2007

Arantza Irastorza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just found the GRDDL proposal, and in their website I saw that
> redLand implements the algorithm and it fits many tests. I am interested
> in applying GRDDL in web portals and I would like to reuse any of the
> implementations. I develop in Java using  Eclipse, with Windows system,
> but I have seen that redLand libraries are developed in C and there are
> bindings for Java interfaces. It sounds great. But when I study the
> documentation to install the libraries I see that it speaks about
> Berkeley DB and libxml parser and how configure the installation with
> it. I am not sure if a need the Berkeley DB and I go to the libxml
> website to download it, and I see more instructions, and more
> pre-requisites....
>
> I will have to do my implementation in Java and run it with Apache in a
> web environment, and I don't know almost anything about C environment
> and its installation requirements, so I wonder if, after all the effort
> installing and configuring redLand libraries and their pre-requisites,
> they work with Apache. I would appreciate any answer or help.

Since you are developing in Java, maybe the Jena GRDDL reader might
be more appropriate?  http://jena.sourceforge.net/grddl/
It passes all the tests and is supported.  I've used it in the
past for Java RDF projects. (I've also used Sesame FWIW)

Also, I have previously announced[1] that the Java binding is no
longer supported

Dave

[1] http://lists.usefulinc.com/pipermail/redland-announce/2007q1/000067.html