[redland-dev] newbie question using Perl bindings

Gregory Williams greg at evilfunhouse.com
Sat Dec 8 18:27:15 GMT 2007

On Dec 8, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Golda Velez wrote:

> I couldn't yet find the place on the dmoz site where it refers to a
> way to get
> around errors with Redland, I'll keep looking, or try
> rapper....thanks again
> for the advice!

Assuming I've got the same version of the structure.rdf.u8 file as
you, rapper would have helped you track down the issue. The problem
has nothing to do with how you're calling the code from perl and
everything to do with the fact that the DMOZ "RDF" is broken. The RDF
root node of the file should look like this:

<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"  ...>

Including all the other xmlns declarations. Obviously, the closing tag
needs to be updated, too.

After that, the only thing rapper complains about is some unicode
normalization warnings, but it's able to parse everything and return
12499869 triples.

Hope that helps,
.greg

--
"I think what would be welcome at this point is a global outbreak of
  (de)constructive nihilism, so that people could stand up and say ...