[redland-dev] redland ruby bindings require changes for Ubuntu Feisty

Benjamin Heitmann benjamin.heitmann at deri.org
Fri Jun 1 10:06:15 BST 2007

Hello.

After installing librdf-ruby on Ubuntu Feisty, "cyclic dependency
errors" are raised, when trying to use redland from ruby.

In order to use redland I had to change these lines of the installed
ruby bindings:

put a comment sign (#) in front of
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rdf/redland.rb line 25
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rdf/redland/resource.rb line 5

ruby version 1.8.5 (as shipped with feisty) was used.

I do not know if there was a change in ruby dependency loading, but
without these changes using the bindings was not possible.

cheers, Benjamin.