[redland-dev] redland php api

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Wed Mar 7 03:52:21 UTC 2007

Eric Hanson wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Thanks for the heads up on the State of Redland, it was really nice to
> get an overview of where things are at and going.  I'm starting to get
> pretty heavily invested in Redland with some projects so that kind of
> info is really nice to hear.

If you can say more, that'd be nice to hear.  Usually I only hear about
applications using redland when there are problems.

> Had a couple questions for you.  You mentioned Yahoo is designing a PHP
> wrapper API of some sort to Redland.  I actually have one such wrapper
> that I was thinking of releasing, but instead of using OOP is mimics the
> style of the database interface to MySQL, Postgres and the like:
>
> redland_connect (...)
> $result = redland_query ($sparql);
> while ($data = redland_fetch_array ($result))
>
> so it's going to be very familiar for PHP developers (aka me), but it
> doesn't capture the full power of the Redland API, it's quite simple and
> makes use a subset of Redland's features (one global database, no
> contexts, etc).

That's interesting as a different approach.

> But if Yahoo is working on one, I'd rather just wait and use that one.
> What's the timeline for that project?

It's been done for several months, tested and is pretty much ready to go.

I just have to get the final code checkout approved.  So that means...
er... soon!