[redland-dev] Windows XP and Cygwin installation

Lauri Aalto laalto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:42:04 BST 2007

On 9/17/07, Emsley, I (Iain) <I.Emsley at rl.ac.uk> wrote:
> I've downloaded the zip files for Raptor, Rasqal and Redlands. I have
> extracted them and then used Cygwin to swap into the directories they exist
> in. When I run ./configure I keep getting:
>
> ./configure: line 15: $ '\r': command not found
> ./configure: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token '$' in '\r'
> ./configure: line 26:; case '(set -o) 2>/dev/null' in
>
> I've tried from fresh installations but keep running into this issue. I
> haven't altered anything either.
>
> I've googled around but does anybody have a step by step set of instructions
> about installing onto Windows XP via Cygwin?

Looks like your unzip program has been configured to replace unix line
endings LF "\n" in text files with DOS line endings CRLF "\r\n".
Cygwin tools are essentially unix tools and some of them do not like
CRs.

For example, in WinZip you should uncheck Options -> Configuration ->
Miscellaneous -> TAR file smart CR/LF conversion.

Lauri