[redland-dev] Re: 3 Redland C++ bindings in active development

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Wed Apr 2 10:53:58 BST 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 07:52:57 Dave Beckett wrote:
> http://dev.drobilla.net/index.fcgi/browser/redlandmm
> by Dave Robillard from 'Raul'
> last commit 4 weeks ago
> License: GPLv2 or later
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/soprano/backends/redland/
> by Sebastian Trueg
> last commit 11 days ago
> License: GPLv2 / LGPLv2 or later ??

Soprano is not a redland binding as such. It is a generic RDF framework which
happens to have a redland backend. I think that is a difference. :)

Also Soprano uses QT4 as it is the solution used in KDE. This is probably a
problem for Dave and Sebastian but a necessity for KDE.

So in the end the only way we could cooperate is by using one of the other
bindings to implement the redland backend for Soprano. And since the backend
is already done I see no reason to add another layer in between.