[redland-dev] Building redland-bindings on Mac OS X Leopard

Uldis Bojars captsolo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 23:53:13 BST 2008

On 2008/3/13 Fabien <xphuture at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to your answers, I've made various tests are here is what have
> give me the best result :
>
> 1. ./configure --with-python --with-python-ldflags="-Wl,-F. -Wl,-F.
> -bundle -framework Python"
> 2. Adding `rasqal-config --libs` `raptor-config --libs` to the Makefile
> 3. make && make install
>
> I still have an error when I'm trying to load the module, but I think
> it's because I've messed up my installation and I've mixed to many
> files ;)

Did the error (when trying to load the module) go away? And what was
the error message, if you remember it?

> I will now cleanup my installation and try to make a clean install.
> After that, I will came back to the mailing list in order to see how
> it can be integrated to the trunk in order to make the life of other
> Leopard users easier.

One more way to make installation of Redland bindings easier for other
users is to make sure it works on MacPorts (or Fink) so that it only
takes one command to install.

I tried to get redland-bindings port to compile and install and had
some progress, but in the end was getting an error when trying to load
the module:

Python 2.4.5 (#1, Jul  3 2008, 22:59:40)
>>> import RDF
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort trap

There were "symbol(s) not found" errors at first, but those went away
after adding `rasqal-config --libs` `raptor-config --libs` to the
Makefile. Not sure if this was a step in the right direction because
Python fails when loading the module.

More detailed description can be found at: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13838

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,