[redland-dev] Windows/Cygwin build problems

Richard H. McCullough rhm at PioneerCA.com
Sun Jul 6 00:42:41 BST 2008

I am currently using Raptor + flex/bison + fix-flex + fix-bison
to build an mKR language interface to Redland packages.
It looks like there are definite incompatibilities between Redland
and Cygwin software (gcc, automake, make).

3 specific problems that I have seen

1. testing variables
if variable
---
endif
Cygwin complains about something near "if".

Changing "if" to "ifdef" removes complaint.

2. setting variables
@variable = ...
Cygwin complains about something near "@"

Changing "@" to "#", or deleting "@", removes complaint.

3. C compilation errors in flex/bison source, for example
raptor_mkr_writer.c: At top level:
raptor_mkr_writer.c:802: error: parse error before '*' token
raptor_mkr_writer.c: In function `raptor_mkr_writer_get_feature':
raptor_mkr_writer.c:807: error: `feature' undeclared (first use in this
function)
raptor_mkr_writer.c:809: error: `mkr_writer' undeclared (first use in this
function)

I don't yet have a fix for problem 3.  Problem seems to be associated with
procedure calls where bison has matched a pattern.  It makes me wonder if
gcc
is complaining about procedure argument "declarations" embedded in procedure
call.

Dick McCullough
http://mKRmKE.org/
Ayn Rand do speak od mKR done;
knowledge haspart proposition list;
mKE do enhance od "Real Intelligence" done;