[redland-dev] installing redland bindings 1.0.8.1 in sharedhosting

Johnson, Matthew C. (LNG-HBE) Matthew.C.Johnson at lexisnexis.com
Thu Jul 10 20:55:11 BST 2008

Ah, I'm not sure why I didn't think of this.  Thanks.

> i make a ~/src, check out all toplevel svn repos, then
> cd redland && ln -s ../{raptor,rasqal}* .
>
> > However, the check fails [in almost all tests as far as I can tell]
with
> > "Can't find loadable object for module RDF::Redland::Core in
@INC..."
> > where @INC includes the paths internal to the build (perl/lib/...,
> > perl/blib/..., etc.) along with the normal system folders
> > (/usr/perl5/lib/..., etc.).  When I built this under cygwin
(yesterday),

> maybe check is supposed to be run after install, ive not tried..

I wondered the same thing but the INSTALL (and other builds) states
configure, make, make check, make install.

> also youll have to add the new perl paths to the include. export
> PERL_INC=~/myinstall/lib/perl5/site-perl or so?
>
> plus some stuff for C libs:
>
> export LDPATH=/home/ix/lib
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ix/lib
> export PATH=/home/ix/bin::$PATH

Yes, I think I'll need to play with some of these.  I **think** the
issue is with Perl but you're right that it could be with one of the
underlying *PATH* environment variables.

> > I did not seem to have this problem.  That said, I don't yet have
much

What I type above was misleading...what I meant to type was that "I did
not seem to have this problem when building using cygwin [on my
desktop]."

> > experience in using Redland so there may still be a problem (under
> > cygwin) or I may have missed a build error.
> >

> > Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve the error in testing
the
> > bindings?  What other information can I provide?  Thanks for the
help.

> 'works for me'
>
> until the sysadmin upgrades some dep and theres a broken symbol or
library
> name is off.
>
> then i usually delete redland and use something easier to install in a
> home dir..

Actually, this is the closest I've ever gotten to building correctly.  I
have tried before and then I move on to something else.  But I'm
optimistic this time!  Thanks for your comments.