[redland-dev] installing redland bindings 1.0.8.1 in shared hosting

c_r _ at whats-your.name
Thu Jul 10 20:43:14 BST 2008

> To be honest, in order to get this to work, I had to copy the
> redland-1.0.8/raptor/* and redland-1.0.8/rasqal/* trees into separate
> "raptor/" and "rasqal/" directories.

your best bet is a symlink

i make a ~/src, check out all toplevel svn repos, then
cd redland && ln -s ../{raptor,rasqal}* .

> However, the check fails [in almost all tests as far as I can tell] with
> "Can't find loadable object for module RDF::Redland::Core in @INC..."
> where @INC includes the paths internal to the build (perl/lib/...,
> perl/blib/..., etc.) along with the normal system folders
> (/usr/perl5/lib/..., etc.).  When I built this under cygwin (yesterday),

maybe check is supposed to be run after install, ive not tried..

also youll have to add the new perl paths to the include. export PERL_INC=~/myinstall/lib/perl5/site-perl or so?

plus some stuff for C libs:

export LDPATH=/home/ix/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ix/lib
export PATH=/home/ix/bin::$PATH

> I did not seem to have this problem.  That said, I don't yet have much
> experience in using Redland so there may still be a problem (under
> cygwin) or I may have missed a build error.
>

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve the error in testing the
> bindings?  What other information can I provide?  Thanks for the help.

'works for me'

until the sysadmin upgrades some dep and theres a broken symbol or library name is off.

then i usually delete redland and use something easier to install in a home dir..