[redland-dev] Trying to compile redland on cygwin

Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Oct 30 05:43:01 CET 2008

I have tried to compile redland on cygwin. Compilation seemed to go okay.

There were a lot of messages of the following pattern:

/usr/lib/gcc/...../bin/ld: warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import specified on the command line.
This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing symbols from auto-imported DLLs.Info: resolving _xmlFree by linking to __imp__xmlFree (auto_import)

There were also some warnings of the following type:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive ../rasqal/src/librasqal.la.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link when
*** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

When using "make check", all 15 raptor tests pass with PASS,
but next all Turtle tests (30+3 in total) FAIL, at which time
"make check" gives up.

Any advice?     Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp