[redland-dev] Trying to compile redland on cygwin

Lauri Aalto laalto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 15:01:47 CET 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:43 AM, Martin Duerst <duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> I have tried to compile redland on cygwin. Compilation seemed to go okay.
>
> There were a lot of messages of the following pattern:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/...../bin/ld: warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import specified on the command line.
> This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing symbols from auto-imported DLLs.Info: resolving _xmlFree by linking to __imp__xmlFree (auto_import)
>
> There were also some warnings of the following type:
>
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive ../rasqal/src/librasqal.la.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link when
> *** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

These are not fatal. You can igore them.

> When using "make check", all 15 raptor tests pass with PASS,
> but next all Turtle tests (30+3 in total) FAIL, at which time
> "make check" gives up.

First check that you have unzipped the test files without any
end-of-line conversion. The test suite does a binary diff of the
output. rapper/raptor-produced output has LF line endings and binary
diffing them fails if the reference output files (*.out) are converted
to CRLF line endings.

Default cygwin installations come with the "dos2unix" utility which
you can use to convert CRLF line endings to LF.

If this doesn't help, please provide some "make check" output from tests/turtle.

Lauri