[redland-dev] [Redland Language Bindings 0000300]: Python ldflags and raptor+rasqal libs are not detected properly on Mac OS X

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis-bug-sender at librdf.org
Wed Apr 22 18:30:24 CEST 2009

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://bugs.librdf.org/mantis/view.php?id=300
Reported By:                Benjamin Heitmann
Assigned To:
Project:                    Redland Language Bindings
Issue ID:                   300
Category:
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   block
Date Submitted:             2009-04-22 16:30
Last Modified:              2009-04-22 16:30
Building the python bindings after running "./configure --with-python" on
Mac OS X results in the failure during the linking of Redland.so, due to
symbols which are not found.

I had to run configure like this:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/redland --with-python=/sw/bin/python2.6
--with-python-ldflags="-Wl,-F. -bundle -L/sw/lib/python2.6/config -ldl
-lpython2.6" LIBS="-L/usr/local/redland/lib -lraptor -lrasqal"

Here are the things that configure did not automatically detect:

* both raptor-config and rasqal-config where in my path, yet I had to
manually add their libraries to the configure invocation.
* I provided the argument "--with-python=/sw/bin/python2.6", yet the Mac
OS X system python was used for linking Redland.so resulting in the
"interpreter version missmatch" error. To fix this, it is necessary to
provide the output of "python2.6-config --ldflags" in the
--with-python-ldflags argument.
* additionally the basic arguments for the Mac OS X linker for building
shared libraries needed to be provided manually. That is "-Wl,-F. -bundle"
(this is not part of the output of "python2.6-config --ldflags"

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change