[redland-dev] SPARQL 1.1 UPDATE with rdfproc?

Bob DuCharme bob at snee.com
Fri Nov 25 17:15:50 CET 2011

http://librdf.org/rasqal/ says that "The supported query languages are
SPARQL 1.0, RDQL, Draft SPARQL Query 1.1, Update 1.1 Syntax", but I
can't get an update to work. To try it, I created a store mystore like this:

   rdfproc -n mystore parse test1.ttl turtle

The following outputs the data that had been in test1.ttl, so I know
that it worked:

   rdfproc mystore query sparql - 'SELECT * WHERE { ?s ?p ?o }'

This attempt to insert a triple gives me the error shown:

   rdfproc mystore query sparql - 'INSERT DATA { <http://example.org/t1>
<http://what/ever> 5 }'
   rdfproc: Error - URI file:///home/bob/temp/:1: INSERT DATA can only
be used with a SPARQL 1.1 Update

How can I run an update query with rdfproc?

Also, I couldn't figure out how to pass a a filename with a query in it
instead of an actual query string.

thanks,

Bob