[redland-dev] Bug in raptor_vsnprintf()

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 24 06:49:42 EDT 2012

On 24 May 2012, at 10:31, Lauri Aalto wrote:

> I don't know what terminology your git client is using, but the
> standard git terminology is "clone" for svn checkout like
> functionality and "pull" i.e. "fetch + merge" for svn update.

Yes Lauri, "pull" is what I needed.  Still getting used to the terminology.  BTW, regarding my previous issue with the "non Windows compatible" URIs.....

On 23 May 2012, at 16:43, Lauri Aalto wrote:

> As a workaround, you can open the FILE* yourself and use one of the
> parse_file_handle functions to process it.

I tried your suggestion this morning and I think it should work.  However along the way, I realised that a slight change to 'raptor_parser_parse_file_stream()' might be beneficial :-

At line 535 (raptor_parse.c) instead of these two tests:-

  if(!stream || !base_uri)
    return 1;

I simplified the code to this:-

  if(!stream)
    return 1;

I made the change because 'base_uri' doesn't necessarily need to be non-zero for correct functionality.  A few lines further down, 'rapter_parser_parse_start()' will check the variable 'base_uri' for us and will return with an error status if a value was needed but NULL got supplied.  It's not a bug as such but it's helpful in our situation because we won't always be providing a base uri.

John