[redland-dev] I am going to do Rasqal bindings for Ada

Victor Porton porton at narod.ru
Fri Jul 14 12:53:32 EDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-07-14 at 09:37 -0700, Dave Beckett wrote:
> Hi, I'm slammed with work stuff right now.  Generally the place
> for bindings is in the Redland bindings project.  Raptor and rasqal
> are intended to be C level APIs.

OK, you can accept it when you have more time. I do not haste.

I provided a pull request for redland-bindings project. The pull
request contains thick (object oriented) Ada binding of Raptor. It does
not expose C level API in public parts of Ada packages, but rather an
object oriented wrapper around it.

About yesterday I though that it seems worth to add Rasqal Ada bindings
to redland-bindings. I am going to work on this soon.

> Can anyone do a second review on the Ada stuff. I'm not familiar
> with it.

I don't quite understand why you need somebody's other review.

I wrote an Ada code and it does compile. That it does compile proves
that it is Ada code not a fake nonsense. Moreover I have a test
application for Ada code (however it covers only a part of code not all
classes). If it is not a nonsense, then why do you want a third party
to review it?

Well, the next thing I am going to do is to modify configure.ac for
better support of different Ada compiler versions which may be
installed on a single machine "in parallel" or even parts of the
compiler being not in PATH. This is not much work, but right now I am
busy.