Raptor 1.3.2 on OSX 10.3.4 failure (Re: [redland-dev] ANNOUNCEMENT: Raptor RDF Parser Toolkit 1.3.2)

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jul 21 19:04:41 BST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:02:27 -0700
Greg Schueler <greg at vario.us> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am able to compile raptor on Mac OS X 10.3
> (apple-darwin-powerpc7.4.0), yet I have this problem when running
> 'make check' for the latest version of raptor:

> Checking ex-52.svg FAILED
> 1,2d0
> < <http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/raptor/tests/ex-52.rdf>
> <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title> "Simple Example" .
> < <http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/raptor/tests/ex-52.rdf>
> <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/date> "2002-10-05" .
> make[3]: *** [check-scan-rdf] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> i had the same problem with an earlier version and figured it was just
>
> a problem building on macOS, however the raptor 1.3.2 announcement
> says that it should work
>

> >     powerpc-apple-darwin7.4.0   - Apple OSX 10.3.4 on PowerPC

Yes, I tested that myself this morning with the release tarball
(against OSX with fink).  I've not got access to that machine at the
moment, it'd have to be tomorrow earliest.

> If I remove the check-scan-rdf test, then later on there are a number
> of other test failures as well.
>
> Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this under mac os X, or if my
> build has somehow gone awry.

A wild guess is that the installed version is somehow getting mixed
up with the version you are building (shared libraries, dylibs, bundles,
frameworks) and giving odd results.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.