[redland-dev] Compiling Python binding on OSX

Aurelien Mazurie forum at oenone.net
Fri Aug 3 10:57:01 BST 2007

	Hello,
	I'm trying to compile the Python bindings for librdf on my OSX box
(10.4.10). Is there somebody that tried that already? I get a linking
error but I can't figure out how to correct it (compiling librdf
itself already was a pain due to a bug for the version detection of
flex). What's weird is that the log show no reference to the Python
framework and libraries I have. Maybe it's the problem?

	Here's an excerpt of the output:

...redland-bindings-1.0.6.1 % make
Making all in python
Making all in test
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
gcc -Wall -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-
declarations -Wredundant-decls -g   -I/usr/local/include  -
DSWIG_PYTHON_SILENT_MEMLEAK -Wall -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -
Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wredundant-decls -g    -
Wl,-F. -Wl,-F. -bundle Redland_wrap.so `redland-config --libs` -o
Redland.so
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyArg_ParseTuple
_PyArg_UnpackTuple