[redland-dev] Raptor's GRDDL parser and RDFa

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Fri Aug 3 16:17:43 BST 2007

Gustavo Frederico wrote:
> What seems to be the problem?

http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/soft/RDFa2RDFXML.xsl
or nearby

when applied to an RDFa example (these are hard to find)
e.g.
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/rdfaprimer/RDFaExemple.html

like
xsltproc http://ns.inria.fr/grddl/rdfa/2007/05/25/RDFa2RDFXML.xsl
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/rdfaprimer/RDFaExemple.html
produce wierd RDF/XML like:

    <dc:title xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral">RDF
Semantics - W3C Recommendatio

The rdf:datatype bit there is redundant and odd.

There were also some issues with attribute namespaces which I fixed.

> Gustavo
>
> PS:  On another subject, I noticed that http://triplr.org/ takes an
> 'unescaped' URL in the suffix. I don't know if it was deliberate
> not to use a CGI-like encoding with the traditionals ? and & as
> in http://triplr.org/rss?http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ew3%2eorg%2f .
> I guess you could have problems with URL rewritting if you don't
> encode the target URL.

triplr was designed for humans to use.  Humans don't do hand-escaping
of URIs.  Anyway, you don't need to do it if you aren't using
a query parameter (handwave, mostly - you have to escape : strictly)

I'm going to change the style slightly so that you use things like
http://triplr.org/rss/www.w3.org/ - remove the extra http://