[redland-dev] Installing latest version of librdf on Ubuntu Feisty

Kieron Taylor krt1 at soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 17:51:57 GMT 2008

Josh Jontè wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Kieron Taylor <krt1 at soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>>  The latest Debian package declares it wants libc6 2.7, which I see Gutsy
>>  does not have by default. If you want the deb package, you'll have to go
>>  beta.
>>

> Ahh, ok.  That makes sense, thanks.  Would it just be easiest to
> install libc6 2.7?

That will equip you for the librdf release, but it might be a painful
upgrade. Of necessity a whole load of other packages would need
upgrading too. Expect your whole compiler set to need renovating, or at
the very least quite a lot of libraries.

I just tried building rdflib0 from source, and rather depressingly,
automake decided to use 1.3gb of ram for reasons unknown,

-----
> autogen.sh: Running libtoolize --ltdl --force --copy --automake
> ls: libltdl/*: No such file or directory
> libtoolize: cannot list files in `/usr/share/libtool/libltdl'
-----
You do not have libltdl installed maybe? I think it's needed for
database interfaces, so perhaps not essential to you, but maybe the
autogen script doesn't know that? In any case, I would guess it was the
cause of the following line:

> configure.ac:107: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
-----

Kieron